Everybody loves getting a hand addressed envelope in the post. Whether the handwriting is familiar or not, knowing that somebody sat down and took the time to write and seal a letter specifically for you, shows that somebody cares… So you know that when you write and send a letter, you’re sending that same intrigue and happiness out into the world.
Before you start crafting a heartwarming note, think about why you are sending it. Are you sending birthday wishes? Congratulations? Or just checking in to say “Hi”? After all, you don’t need a big reason to or special occasion to reach out to a loved one.
Here’s a little inspiration to get you going:
- Say why you’re writing and let them know that you were thinking about them. “I recently went to _____ and I couldn’t help but think of that time when we ______”
- Did you pick out that card specifically for a reason? “I remembered that you love unicorns, so I couldn’t resist picking up this card for you”
- Reaffirm your relationship. “I miss the old days when we would _____ and I can’t wait to do _______ again!”
Sometimes it’s just nice to celebrate the little things in life:
- Congratulate a friend on a recent promotion.
- Say “Well Done” for passing their driving test
- Wish a loved one good luck before an upcoming surgery
- To thank someone for such a great day last time you hung out
- Wish someone good luck on in an interview
- To congratulate someone on winning a recent sports game
The list of reasons to send someone a card could be endless. Whilst it’s important to remember the big things, such as birthdays, new babies or anniversaries, it’s also important to remember the little things.
Why not check out our fabulous range of over 3000 cards? Visit the shop.